VENICE HIGH SCHOOL SAILING TEAM
1. The Venice High Sailing Team is a club sport with all practices located at VYBA. Regattas are governed by South Atlantic Interscholastic Sailing Association (SAISA). The team consists of a JV team (8th graders and homeschool can participate on JV) and a Varsity team.
2. SAISA has scheduled four Points Regattas to begin in 2021. VYBA will compete in spring points regattas as designated by SAISA.
3. Team membership and the regatta attendance requirement does not guarantee that every sailor will sail at a regatta as that depends on the rotation of sailors at the regatta as well as weather conditions which determine the number of races that may be conducted at those regattas.
4. The fee includes one VHS uniform race shirt per sailor. Additional gear (buffs, sweatshirts, etc) will be available for purchase.
5. The fee excludes participation in the VYBA’s School Year C420 Racing Team program or other VYBA-sponsored events for the C420 Racing Team Program.
6. The team will practice one day per week after school
7. Regatta attendance requires adult parents as chaperones at the regatta and during overnight hotel stays as may be required for certain regattas, particularly those on the east coast of Florida.
Thursdays 3:30pm - 7pm (or sunset)
Starting January 7th
Cost: NOW $200/sailor for Spring High School Only
NOW $50/sailor for Spring season - add on if already registered for C420 Race
Personal boats are NOT required - VYBA provides all equipment.
Sailors need to arrive each day prepared to sail! We require each sailor to bring:
· Buff or cloth face covering to be worn with social distancing is not possible
· Snack (No refrigeration is available on site)
· U.S. Coast Guard Approved Type III Life Jacket (Personal Flotation Device) with whistle attached
· Closed-Toe Shoes to be worn at all times!! (No Crocs or Flip-Flops allowed on land or on water)
Call Executive Director Kelley Severns at 941.468.1719 OR firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.